Sunday, January 20, 2008

Erik's Snow Day Entertainment




We had some very cold days last week. Erik was stuck in the house while Ben was at school. So he got out all of the Target sacks that I have waiting to take to the library to be "recycled" for patrons who need something to carry home their borrowed books. How do you play this game? "I phrow them and hold them when I start." This is a game he has played several times before, usually all over the living room or kitchen. He was so content this particular day just throwing armfuls of sacks and watching them float down over him. I decided to take a few pictures for posterity since it truly is one of his favorite past-times. Way to find happiness in the simple things, Erik!

2 comments:

LaLine said...

Ah, the simple things! I remember taking all the cushions off the couches and making forts with them and the blankets from my bed. I can't even begin to count how many different lands and buildings those forts became. I don't know Erik well enough to know what his imagination was telling him about those sacks, but I know my imagination is already thinking about jellyfish, or clouds, or maybe even giant snowflakes. Yep, the simple things have incredible entertainment value.

P.S. Did he clean them all up afterwards? :)

SaraPete said...

Finally someone that has more Target bags than I do!!!! Erik is so funny! I love the babystrology...only Ben would pick something like that:) By the way, you inspired me to start a blog...Petersenliving.blogspot.com